Austalian Open Live Match Update

Tennis Bookmark

Share/Save/Bookmark

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rafael Nadal faces Fernando Verdasco | Federer in Final | Australian Open

Roger Federer

Roger Federer advanced to the final of the Australian Open, In the Mean time Rafael Nadal faces Fernando Verdasco for the birth in Final to Face Roger Federer.

Federer, now in his 18th Grand Slam final, has not lost any of his three previous Australian Open title matches and continues his unbeaten record against Roddick.

After beating Andy Roddick 6-2 7-5 7-5 Federer said "Andy's been playing really well so I knew I had a tough match ahead of me".

Nadal is the Favourite in Semi and will face Roger Federer in Final.

"People sort of forgot about him leading up to the Australian Open," Federer said of Nadal.

"But he's showing why he's the best player in the world. I would love to play him in the final, that's for sure."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the kind of tennis I dream to watch. Every time I’ve gone to a venue in person I’m always watching the “other” match that is not having all of these amazing moments. Thanks God for the internet where we can relive the greatest moments quickly as people post them. I can’t wait to watch the final between Roger Federer and Nadal. I know it will be good but I doubt it will even touch the magnificence of the match that happened last night between Nadal & Verdasco.

What was your favorite point? Do you think Fernando Verdasco is going to break into the top 15 this year?