Austalian Open Live Match Update

Tennis Bookmark

Share/Save/Bookmark

Friday, January 23, 2009

Australian Open Jankovic moves to Fourth Round | Women Matches update

Jelena Jankovic

Jelena Jankovic Marches to fourth round after overcoming Japan's Ai Sugiyama 6-4 6-4. After Win over Ali Sugiyama Jelena said "I have always had tough matches against her, she has a lot of experience and is a very solid player so I really had to work for every point."

Dinara Safina effortlessly advanced with an easy 6-2 6-2 victory over Estonia's Kaia Kanepi. Dinara Safina said after the match "There's a first time for everything. Twice I lost in the third round. I was like this today 'That is the third time and it should be the luckiest one.' I'm not a roadrunner on the court. I cannot be as fast as some other players, but I have some other weapons. If I use my power, then I have to run less. It's time to use it sometimes."

No comments: