Austalian Open Live Match Update

Tennis Bookmark

Share/Save/Bookmark

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Australian Open womens | Robson Moves 3rd Round | Zvonareva in Semi

Vera Zvonareva
Vera Zvonareva of Russia Beat Marion Bartoli of France 6-3 6-0 in the quarter-finals of the Australian Open to reach her first grand slam semi-final.

After wining the match Vera said "I don't know what happened Marion was playing really well in the beginning and I made a few unforced errors, so that's why I think I was down 3-1."

24-year-old further said that "Then I was able to cut down on my unforced errors and I was able to keep a good level of play throughout the whole match."I'm pretty confident in myself. If I'm in the tournament, I'm here to try to win it," she said.

"I think I played very good tennis. I think Marion's been playing very good as well, but I was able to play a very clean match today. That's what made the difference."

In another Match Laura Robson moved into the third round of the Australian Open girls' singles with a 6-3 7-6 (7/0) win against Thailand's Kanyapat Narattana.

Robson will now face Croatia's Silvia Njiric for a place in the last-eight.

Fellow Briton Heather Watson also won, beating South African Chanel Simmonds 6-2 6-1.


No comments: