Austalian Open Live Match Update

Tennis Bookmark

Share/Save/Bookmark

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Australina Open Men | Nadal Will Face Gonzalez | Murray Beats Melzer

Andy Murray
Andy Murray is serious contender for the Australian Open as he has already beaten Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer on hardcourts.

After beating Austria's Juergen Melzer 7-5 6-0 6-3, Murray Said "I thought I hit the ball really, really well, I took a lot of my chances. I made him do a lot of running and was very confident from the second set onwards."

The 21year old further said "I just felt more confident going into the match, I knew if I played well I felt like I could go on to win in three sets if I grabbed the first set."

Nadal will Face Fernando Gonzalez of Chile,

Simon will play Monfils.

Tsonga will next face American ninth seed James Blake

No comments: