Austalian Open Live Match Update

Tennis Bookmark

Share/Save/Bookmark

Monday, July 27, 2009

Sampras Praises Federer - Tennis News Live Update - Live Tennis

Sampras Praises Federer - Tennis News Live Update - Live Tennis

Former World Number one Pete Sampras said there will be no negative impact on the current world number one Roger Federer.

Sampras thinks Federer is the all time BEST, sampras stated "It's a hard question to answer and I just feel each generation has its player," You had Rod Laver in the sixties, Bjorn Borg in the seventies and the eighties, me in the nineties and Roger today.

"The greatest player of all time? It's hard to say but I would give it to Roger.

"Do I think I could beat Roger at my best? There is no reason why I couldn't. That's not being cocky. It's just how I feel."

37year old sampras told reporters that "I don't see Roger changing diapers at four in the morning,' he further added "I don't think it will affect his career. It's a life changer for him but he is focussed on his tennis and he's got the help from his wife and his parents and whoever else.

According to Boris Becker Fatherhood changes your life dramatically," who won the 1996 Australian Open after the birth of his first son Noah.

Roger Federer broke the sampras record of 14Grand Slam, to this sampras told "Little know did I know that Roger was going to come along and surpass me in eight years. He saw 14 as his goal and now he has 15 and he's going to go on and win some more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, this is very nice blog. Could you please contact me on links@tennisexplorer.com? I have very good link exchange offer for you.

Vaclav