Austalian Open Live Match Update

Tennis Bookmark

Share/Save/Bookmark

Friday, June 19, 2009

Live Wimbledon - Nadal will not Defend his Title - Nadal Taken Rest

Live Wimbledon - Nadal will not Defend his Title - Nadal Taken Rest

Defending Champion Nadal will not take part in the Wimbledon 23year old Nadal said Unfortunately this year I won't be able to play at Wimbledon,"

Nadal was due to tendinitis in his knees since being knocked out of the French Open last month, tested his fitness in two exhibition matches this week.

Nadal also lost the two Exhibition match after losing both matches he decided not to defend his Wimbledon title.

Nadal will be the first man not to defend his All England Club crown since Croatia's Goran Ivanisevic skipped the grasscourt Grand Slam in 2002.

"Not to play Wimbledon is one of the toughest decisions in my career but the decision was made easier because I don't feel ready to compete at 100 percent," said Nadal, who becomes only the third man unable to defend his title at the championships.

Nadal said "I don't feel like I'm ready to play in a tournament that is as important as Wimbledon.

"I didn't feel terrible but I was not at my best."

No comments: