Austalian Open Live Match Update

Tennis Bookmark

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Andy Murray Beat Rafael Nadal 6-3,4-6,6-0

Andy Murray with Rotterdam Title

Andy Murray upset World number no.1 , After beating Nadal Murray said "Thought the first set was very good, I played well and saw nothing on Nadal's movement"

"But after his time out he wasn't running anymore and just hitting the ball hard from the baseline."

"It was disappointing as it wasn't particular entertaining at the end."

Murray, the world number four, knew he needed to play his best tennis to beat Nadal, but neither player reached the high standard they achieved in earlier rounds.

"After the first set and Nadal's problem I really struggled with my service game and got a bit nervous," Murray added.

Nadal said "Murray just played better today,"

Nadal further added "I will have a week now before I play Dubai and don't expect a problem so after all I had a great week in a strong tournament, with a spot in the final after good matches against Bolelli and Tsonga,".

No comments: